Saturday, July 19, 2014

New approach to writing

Most of last week i was in kind of a ho-hum writing mind state. I was putting the time in, but the quality wasn't there. So, after coming home mid-week to find that i couldn't use my laptop, (its purpose that day was to entertain the kids), which kind of threw a wrench in my writing schedule. But, I had to write, so what to do, what to do...Ah, yes!, I could actually WRITE....in my notebook. Funny how some simple things fade in time, due to our busy lives and electronic equipment. I hadn't written in my journal or used my notebooks for anything substantial other than note taking. But boy what a difference once I found a comfortable spot and put pen to page. The writing was intimate, completely different than typing away and hearing the click clack of the keyboard. (Which don't get me wrong, is a huge time saver), but parts of the story I hadn't even thought of yet were coming faster than I could write, and this was exhilarating!

To widdle this long-winded post down to a nugget of useful info, change things up now and then. It might surprise you what you've got stored in that creative head of yours. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I hope you leave this page with a smile, or at least inspiration to keep writing...Go, Now, WRITE ;).